One of the recently created and volunteer led DDMoRe community group focusing on the DDMoRe Model Repository wishes to launch its first challenge:
“Win a prize by publishing models in the Model Repository”
Why? to promote exchange and transparency in Science
Who can apply? Anybody
DDMoRe Model Repository challenge
Sponsors of this challenge so far
Would you like to sponsor this challenge?
We are looking for sponsors willing to support the initiative of uploading models to the DDMoRe Model Repository. By sponsoring this challenge the repository’s content will grow to the benefit of the whole community. Do you see the DDMoRe Model Repository as a valuable knowledge sharing tool to sustain for the whole community? please donate and become a DDMoRe sponsor.
How can you sponsor?
- If you are a company and agree that this idea benefits our scientific community, you can make a financial donation here and your company will become an official sponsor on the DDMoRe foundation challenge webpage and be seen to promote community led open science!
- If you provide training to our scientific community/organizing congress, and agree that this idea benefits our scientific community, you can provide free places for DDMoRe Model Repository Challenge Prize Winners on your training courses/congress and your organization will become an official sponsor on the DDMoRe foundation challenge webpage and be seen to promote community led open science! (please send us an email with your intention to [email protected] to process your donation)
You wish to make an in-kind contribution? DONATE your models
- If you are an author of a recent scientific publication with access to the published model codes, then add your papers into our list and be ready to help any other scientist to get credit for your models! You will receive acknowledgement and credit from the scientific community for promoting exchange and transparency in science and your models will become more visible and cited. If interested please donate directly or send us an email via [email protected].
Deadline for the sponsorship: 29th of June 2017
If the financial support we can get is sufficient the following challenge will go live on June 30th
Would you like to take the challenge?
How does it work?
- The applicant should submit himself/herself for the models to be eligible for a prize.
- The types of models to be uploaded by the applicant should be selected from a list provided by the model repository community group (which will be published on June 30th). This list has been created to avoid duplication and to provide the community with access to the most recent and/or cited published models. Other models (for instance PAGE, ACoP, other journals, etc….) can be accepted for credit, but these should be proposed in advance to the model repository community group ([email protected]).
- Once the applicant has selected an eligible model from the list, he/she will be required to submit and share that model on the DDMoRe model repository.
- To be considered eligible, the model should be published following the submission guidelines of the DDMoRe model repository. If the model is uploaded in MDL/ PharmML the applicant will receive 3 credits, if the model is submitted in the original code the applicant will receive 1 credit. If the model is currently not available online, the applicant will receive an additional credit on top.
Who will win?
- A panel committee will review the applications that satisfy the eligibility criteria.
- The 5 applicants with the highest credit will receive a prize.
What to win?
- The prizes will be determined by the level of sponsorship received by DDMoRe foundation for this challenge during the next few weeks (by June 29th).
- The prize money may be used to reimburse (in part or wholly) the winners travel expenses (flight/hotel) to attend either a scientific congress or a training workshop.